SHOUTS

iantaylor:

Hi There, I've had lifetime membership since 2016. How do i get my free t-shirt?

kfsoh:

as an original, how to i get myself a t-shirt? love 'em, & in the beginning it was all house contraband that brought us togehter

kfsoh:

C, so happy it's all still charging to good effect, solid community & killer tunes!

Mookie Decks:

Put it up on the wrong account before sorry >.<

Mookie Decks:

New Mix up from a set I did for TOAT Radio, check it out. https://www.mixriot.com/content/toats-mookie

Login or register to post shouts
USER POINTS
UserPoints
Mallam28139
RichardFT20078687
dodisman8541
munkyn7957
AndyP5639
swanson5665420
cavin5303
craddock5247
freebird32204956
r2d24482

What other shows do we want?

Login to reply  Page: « < 1 of 1 > »
28 Dec 2019 - 11:045916
What other shows do we want?
Are there any other popular DJ shows you'd like to see added to MIXRIOT?

28 Dec 2019 - 13:315917
Personally I'd like to collect all of the John 00 Fleming shows. I have quite a lot already, but there are big holes in my collection. For me, it is the very best Trance show you can find.

29 Dec 2019 - 06:225918
Question
If a mp4 or mp4a file is uploaded, would the streaming player on this website and also the podcast player show visuals in addition to the audio?

29 Dec 2019 - 07:275919
Try it and find out!

29 Dec 2019 - 12:095920
Question
Quote Mallam:
If a mp4 or mp4a file is uploaded, would the streaming player on this website and also the podcast player show visuals in addition to the audio?

Unfortunately that is a no go. Way to advanced for this old clunker of a website, ha.
And I've not really seen any podcast players that support video.

30 Dec 2019 - 13:225922
Gotcha, C. Thanks.

No shows that I can think of, but two possible ideas for newly added mix categories:

1. Remastered / restored classic mixes (remastered/ restored by the Mixriot community).

For example, I did my best to improve the sound quality of Sander Kleinenberg - Essential Mix of the Year - 2001 before uploading it. I was thinking of doing this for other EM's and classic mixes, too, and it'd be great if anyone else wants to do the same. Perhaps the uploader could summarize whatever process and tools they used so that our community could learn and also for feedback in order for the uploader to learn and improve.

2. "Visual Hommage" mixes (working title.. lol).

These would be new or old mixes that have a visual component added to them by the Mixriot community. Anything from some simple shader files sync'd to the mix to a recorded VJ set done in Resolume, GrandVJ, etc., to a video made in Premier Pro, Final Cut Pro, etc., sync'd to the mix.

I think a great part of this site has been the excellent user mixes. We have a very talented and diverse community here and think it'd be great to add a few more ways for the community to contribute unique, user created content.

---

lol, C, the site looks and performs great as is, no worries! What are your thoughts about embedded video players, like from Vimeo, posted by the uploader?

Last edited by Mallam (30 Dec 2019 - 13:37)
31 Dec 2019 - 04:185923
Actually there are some other good things from the beeb such as their Drum & Bass shows or 'Residency' weekly shows. But sharing that sort of stuff can be risky of course...

31 Dec 2019 - 05:055925
Quote Mallam:
Gotcha, C. Thanks.

No shows that I can think of, but two possible ideas for newly added mix categories:

1. Remastered / restored classic mixes (remastered/ restored by the Mixriot community).

For example, I did my best to improve the sound quality of Sander Kleinenberg - Essential Mix of the Year - 2001 before uploading it. I was thinking of doing this for other EM's and classic mixes, too, and it'd be great if anyone else wants to do the same. Perhaps the uploader could summarize whatever process and tools they used so that our community could learn and also for feedback in order for the uploader to learn and improve.

Great idea. The SK mix sounds great. Had no idea you had done some work on it. TBH, now that I play it back it sounds like a modern era mix quality wise. I will work on adding some functionality to categorize and sort remastered mixes.

Quote Mallam:

These would be new or old mixes that have a visual component added to them by the Mixriot community. Anything from some simple shader files sync'd to the mix to a recorded VJ set done in Resolume, GrandVJ, etc., to a video made in Premier Pro, Final Cut Pro, etc., sync'd to the mix.

I think a great part of this site has been the excellent user mixes. We have a very talented and diverse community here and think it'd be great to add a few more ways for the community to contribute unique, user created content.

---

lol, C, the site looks and performs great as is, no worries! What are your thoughts about embedded video players, like from Vimeo, posted by the uploader?

This would be cool, and I'll do some tests to see how we can do this. Embedded players should theoretically be possible but it might take quite a bit of effort to get this functioning.

01 Jan 2020 - 12:175926
Quote Creator:
Quote Mallam:
Gotcha, C. Thanks.

Great idea. The SK mix sounds great. Had no idea you had done some work on it. TBH, now that I play it back it sounds like a modern era mix quality wise. I will work on adding some functionality to categorize and sort remastered mixes.

Quote Mallam:

---

This would be cool, and I'll do some tests to see how we can do this. Embedded players should theoretically be possible but it might take quite a bit of effort to get this functioning.

Great stuff, C. Thank you very much for both. Huge cheers.

07 Jan 2020 - 05:575928
We should try to update the Resident Advisor podcasts again. Cannot find them anywhere else...

08 Jan 2020 - 05:175929
I noticed *some* Contraband Mixes have sneaked back onto the site now... notwithstanding a massive gap in the middle.

What are the rules these days?

Last edited by RichardFT2007 (09 Jan 2020 - 04:51)
09 Jan 2020 - 04:515930
Well in terms of hosting such mixes, I don't think the rules have really changed at all.
We just need to do what every other site does that shares them... try and keep under the radar.
Although they are downloadable from the official website nowadays, and you can replay them for up to 30 days.
Or forever if you know how :)

11 Jan 2020 - 08:015932
Quote RichardFT2007:
We should try to update the Resident Advisor podcasts again. Cannot find them anywhere else...

Oh, good call. Those were great. Definitely.

14 Jan 2020 - 20:045933
Update
So . . .

I spent some time "remastering" (hardly the right word lol) some EM's from 2001. However, upon doing so, I realized that the mixes, um, sucked. Bad. As in the mix themselves. Just terrible. So, I didn't post them.

Also, re: adding visuals to our mixes ... I think I bit off a lot more than I could ever chew here. lol. I don't see this happening... haha

Just for my own sake.. would a video hosted on a site like Vimeo be playable? It'd be an embedded player, right? But not connected to Mixriot's server. Couldn't get them to sync unless they came from the same source. Okay, I'll give up on this .. lol. Sorry, just can't help but go back to the visualizer days of 'yore. Good times. lol

Cheers

16 Jan 2020 - 16:195936
Some other shows I'd love see on here if anyone has them...

Eddie Halliwell's show - BBC Radio 1
Fergie's show - BBC Radio 1
Judge Jules' show - BBC Radio 1

I have quite a few here and there, but I'm still missing loads!

20 Jan 2020 - 21:535938
Would Love to See
1. Global DJ Broadcast 2001-2003, early 2004 only (awesome guest mixes each week because the show was based out of Miami at the time and every international DJ wanted to, of course, break into the huge U.S. market and so each week the guests were incredible).

2. Murk - Made in Miami - the earlier the better (2005 I think). Awesome house from Oscar G & Ralph Falcon.

Last edited by Mallam (20 Jan 2020 - 21:55) Reason: user error
27 Jan 2020 - 08:355939
Early GDJB shows are excellent. I have just a few unfortunately. There are torrents on TMB, but they need seeding.

Another show worth collecting for posterity is the Anjunadeep Edition.

Last edited by RichardFT2007 (27 Jan 2020 - 08:42)
11 Feb 2020 - 10:015940
Your wish is my command.
Added Resident Advisor and Global DJ Broadcast to the rotation.

18 Feb 2020 - 23:365941
Thank you very much!